Sunday, May 28, 2006

I heart robots

At least I heart Chibi-Robo! It's been on my very short list of games to play for a while now, and after hearing a child in my class tell me ALL about it, well, I just had to try it for myself! (THANKS, MAX!) I just started this game a couple of nights ago, and I'm totally hooked. It's very cute, very Japanese, and perfect for an individual such as myself who leans toward the obsessive compulsive end of the spectrum. We rented it from gamerang, but I'm pretty sure that it's one we'll be adding to our family gaming library. Chibi is this cute little robot who lives to serve and spends all of his time picking up trash, scrubbing the floor with a toothbrush, and generally working hard to make the human's home a happier place to live. Sounds like fun, no?

It's no wonder I love it--
Shigeru Miyamoto had a hand in its development. I love his work. So sweet, yet fun and exciting. Speaking of Miyamoto, I still need to finish Zelda. I'm in the most difficult part of the game, and really, I'm going to be sad about finishing it! I'll miss Link a bunch. I am such a loser. Yep, I play little kid's games. No MMORPG's or first person shooters for me. It's all about cute characters, collecting stuff, and solving puzzles.


So Chibi-Robo will definitely be a part of my--or should I say, "our"-- summer. (Adam and Kira are playing too.) I'm pretty much done with work, which is both wonderful and sad. Last week we had our last days of school, my older class graduated, and my younger class will be advancing to the "Senior" class in the fall. There are still lots of little projects to do--closets to clean, papers to file, books to organize, supplies to order, etc. Oh yes, and meetings--but those are actually fun, for the most part. I'm looking forward to hanging out with all of my little preschool pals (plus Kiraboo) at park playdates over the summer. It's really nice to have the opportunity to get to know my newbies before school starts in the fall.

In place of having a "real job" for the summer, I'm taking on the role of Activities Director for my family. I've got the whole summer all calendared, and have a list of To Do's a mile long--both domestic (not so fun) and out-and-about stuff. Kira will be taking swimming lessons for the first time, and is registered for a fairy camp later in the summer. It's all about keeping busy. Yep, it's going to be a great summer!

1 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Blogger Penny said...

I'll have to check that one out! I love all the kid's games, too. You'd probably like the Harvest Moon games, as well. I'm pretty hooked on all the Mario Party games right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home