Wednesday, April 30, 2008

So Sick of the Swiss

I'm not having a good day, or a good week for that matter. Yes, I remind myself that it could be worse, but sometimes, you just need to have a little pity party. One of the things that I love most about my dear husband is that I can totally gripe and whine at him (and him to me--but with less frequency) about whatever, and he doesn't try to *fix* things for me. He doesn't offer me helpful suggestions. He listens and gives me the encouragement I need to carry on. I so love him for that. (Thanks, sweetie.)

When Adam and I were young, (am I really old enough to say that?) we loved watching Kids in the Hall. Sometimes when things are just generally poopy or we're in a bad mood, we say to one another, "You know what? I'm sick of the Swiss!" Today is one of those days. I just need to vent, but I'll keep my complaints to myself. Just a few more weeks, and my life will be my own again (for a few months anyway). So for now, I'll put on my happy face and do what I have to do. But, just so you know, I'm totally sick of the Swiss.

PS--Thanks Amber, for listening, for being such a good friend, and for helping me link this YouTube video!

PPS--Just for the record, I have nothing against the Swiss. I've been to Switzerland twice and LOVED it. Especially the mountains, funiculars, and alpine dairy cows. Ooh, ooh, and I love their swans. Hey, why don't we have swans here?


2 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Blogger Amber said...

Any, any, anytime!! :) Hope things are looking up soon... like maybe in 3 weeks or so.

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Annie. said...

I'm sorry it's been a bad week. :( I love you Amers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home