Everything just kind of sucks
WARNING: Please be forewarned that this entire post is all about me complaining about stuff.
I'll start with the truly bad news. We found out yesterday that my sister-in-law who suffers from Meniere's Disease in both ears has progressed to the point that she may need surgery--which would likely mean the loss of both hearing and balance in her right ear. Not only that, left ear will likely become progressively worse over time. The surgery may decrease the episodes of vertigo she has been experiencing on and off over the last 11 years, but may not help, or may make it worse! She is only 31, and has three young children. It is so hard to see her going through this, and we wish so much that we could do more to help. Her husband and two older sons are at home in Montana while she's here in Oregon to see specialists in Portland. (In fact, she's seeing another specialist tomorrow at OHSU, and we're really hoping for some good news.) The one upside to all this is that her youngest son (who's 13 months) is here too, and we get to spend some time with him! He's a real cutie-patootie. I sure hope his mama can get the help she needs so that she can return home to her family and live her life. She and her family are in our thoughts and prayers constantly. Hang in there, Moo. You'll get through this. We love you so much.Another super-duper sucky (albeit, seemingly insignificant) thing is that Adam is being sent to LA for training for work next month, and Kira and I are not going with him. Before Christmas, the planets seemed to be aligning for a return trip to Disneyland (and a first ever visit to American Girl--Kira's dream come true for sure). We were planning to meet up with him at the end of his training and spend an extra long weekend. However, by the time the gov't made the decision to send him (today) we had waited too long to book flights and can no longer get tickets with air miles. We don't really have the money to pull it off anyway, which is also poopy. I'm super crabby about it because, A) all Adam does is work, work, work lately, and you know what they say about all work and no play (something about gumpy wives?) , and B) not only will my sweetie be in sunny Southern California in February, but I will be HERE and am so tired of the rain already! I swear, I've lived here all my life, but it seems that each winter gets wetter, colder, and darker. Every time I step out the door or glance out a window lately it is RAINING. You know that myth about how the Inuit people supposedly have hundreds of words for 'snow'? It seems that Oregonians should have about as many for rain. Sigh. I wish I were in Hawaii like Sarah. Maybe I'll be a snow bird when (and if) I grow up....
Okay, one more rant, and then I'll stop. Promise.
Okay, sorry. I'm done ranting. What a way to start off the new year! Woo hoo! Moving on with life....



3 Comments:
You don't like your hair??? I had no idea. I think it suits you just fine and doesn't seem too short at all! I hope your SIL is able to get some answers with these new docs... I can't even imagine. Thanks again for taking Avery today--she had a great time.
ohh so sorry about your sister-in-law! Sending good wishes her way....
Maybe when Adam is in so. cali. it will get sunny here?!? I know... I know... I'm totally reaching but you never know. ;)
So sorry about your hair too! I think those of us with naturaly curly/wavy hair tend to be extra sensitive about our hair! I hardly trust a soul!
Amy! I think your hair looks CUTE! Are you adjusted to it, or do you still not like it??
Poor Mindy. I hate this. It is so hard to be so far away during it all. Just like Mom's chemo. Arrrgh health problems are so hard. I count my blessings each and every morning for ym good health, even if it isn't "stellar" or I don't get quite enough sleep, at least I am generally healthy.
Hey, I just wanted to fill you in on this website: http://www.etsy.com/ It's a pretty cute place and I thought that you would enjoy it because it has some pretty cute homemade things that are so fun!
Love you!
P.s. I am trying out the "public" blog again to see how it works...keep your fingers crossed...
P.p.s. This is the LONGEST comment ever. :) Oops, haha.
Post a Comment
<< Home