Monday, March 02, 2009

Lost in the Shuffle



Wow, time flies when you're busy wasting it on other stuff. This blog o' mine has been sorely neglected for some time, as I've replaced my 'puter' time with the time suck that is facebook, as well as another blog venture. I'm doing Project 365, and since I can't seem to find time to keep up with it on paper, I have a new blog where I post a photo a day and a little blurb about it. At the end of the year, my family should have a pretty decent overview of our busy little life together. It's been fun so far, but hard to keep up on because a) I'm wasting time on facebook, b) I'm so darn busy keeping up on home/family/work/church stuff, c) I've just got a lot going on personally right now. So, if I know you and you're interested in checking out our 365 blog, let me know and I'll send you an invite. I made it private so that I can include more personal info than I'd be able to otherwise.

I can't believe the first two months of the year are over. Poof. Gone, just like that. I think one of the reasons I don't blog here anymore is that it's the same old story...really nothing new to report on. Adam is working like a mad man trying to keep his head above water with the insanely huge workload he has. He's been putting in so many, many hours, but they just keep piling it on. As always, we miss him here at home.

Kira finished up her very first basketball season with one win and six losses. Ouch, but the girls had fun, and that's all we really hoped for. Being as tall as she is, we're glad she likes basketball. She doesn't seem to be slowing down at all, and can even wear some of my shoes! I think she's going to be tall like her Aunt Rachel. It won't be too long before she passes me up.

Kira has missed four days of school in the past two months due to bizarro viruses with high fevers and few other symptoms. There have been sooo many illnesses going around at her school and mine. Ugh. Head lice, chickenpox, strep throat, and a myriad of stomach, fever/headache/ and plain old cold viruses. My classroom is a veritable petri dish, and I am so very ready for spring.

I've been busy trying to do some spring cleaning and regain some assemblance of order in our home. We have acquired a LOT of stuff in the nine years we've lived here, and a lot of it needs to go. There just simply isn't room, and it's a lot of work to pare everything down. We really haven't had any free time for fun stuff in a good long while, with the exception of a lovely visit to Salem over Valentine's weekend. Adam and I got to go out to dinner (Thai Orchid--as usual) and a movie (Coraline in 3D) thanks to Grandma & Grandpa, as well as Annie & Talon. Kira had a wonderful time baking cookies, watching a movie, and generally being spoiled by her grandparents. We need more weekends like that!

The only item of interest on our horizon this spring is that we're preparing to build a chicken coop for our backyard. Yep, we're jumping on the Portland chicken keeping bandwagon. My brothers and I had them growing up (Buff Cochin Bantams and Leghorns--including the meanest rooster!) We'll soon be bringing home three little chickies--I think a Black Australorp, a Silver Laced Wyandotte, and either a Rhode Island Red, a New Hampshire Red, or a Buff Orpington. Kira and I have had a lot of fun discussing names for the girls, but haven't settled on any for sure yet. We're going to be working on the coop over spring break, and I think we've settled on this design. It will replace one of our raised beds in our garden area. It's kind of silly how excited we are about it. (Okay, maybe just Kira and I are excited.) I just hope they don't have large talons....

I think that brings us all up to speed. Maybe I'll post again if something new and exciting happens....

1 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Blogger MOMD! said...

Kira has grown so much sine I have seen her. What a beautiful young lady!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home