Been sick as a you-know-what...
Yep. Finished the school year. Got Adam's cold. A few days later, I somehow or another got a norovirus. I haven't been that sick in a long time. It made the food poisoning I had on Mother's Day seem like a bad case of the hiccups. I lived on Gatorade for four days. It took me the better part of last week to bounce back and attempt to catch up on some of the stuff I fell behind on. I'm still working on the catching up part, but am so glad to finally be feeling WELL.The good news is, it's almost summer vacation at our house! Kira has just three more days of school, which means that I have just three days to be super, duper productive and get some work done here at home! We have lots of plans for the summer, and have even been working on a list of fun stuff we want to do. The key to happiness for this family is to keep busy with at least one outing planned for each day. We get pretty cranky if we're too cooped up, so we've got to be on the go.
Today was good practice--a lovely family day spent out on the town. After a lazy morning at home watching the Rose Festival Grand Floral Parade on TV, we went downtown and watched it in person! (This has become a family tradition.) After the parade, we had lunch at Pioneer Place (we were desperately hungry) and then did some summer clothes shopping for the K-Bot at Gap Kids & Gymboree. Too fun. Ooh, and I stocked up big time on yummy smelling soapy stuff at Bath & Bodyworks. We took a ride on MAX to get back to our car, then hit REI. I was looking for a jacket (I still haven't replaced my favorite fleece that my friend's Labrador ate to get the doggy treats in my pocket.) I decided to wait and go to the REI garage sale next Saturday, but found a great waterproof jacket for K. Also, she climbed the 27 foot pinnacle again, lickity split. (She's so cool!) I can't wait to upload the pictures. Despite an inordinate amount of whining (not me--Kira & Adam!) we had a pretty great day. It's so nice to be feeling like myself again.
So I finally got my bike (and K's trailer bike too) on Memorial Day. With the rain we had that week and my being sick, we've only tried them out together once, and I thought we just might crash! I think we'll have Adam go with us to the track at the local middle school to get the hang of the whole tandem bike riding thing. I'm really kind of in love with my bike, and can't wait to get some "alone time" with it! Oh yeah, just me and the open road.... Okay, I'm kind of scared, actually. I got hit by a car on my 10 speed bike when I was 15 and it pretty much ruined my left knee. Lots of physical therapy, then surgery, then tons more physical therapy. It was a very challenging time in my young life. Recalling it makes me wonder what in the world I'm thinking--riding around in this crazy city, and with a child no less! Ahck! I think I'm going to go out and buy day-glo orange reflector vests for K & I this week....
Okay, so I'm one lucky girl--tonight I'm blogging on my brand spankin' new notebook! Adam and I have been talking about getting one for a long time, and we got an amazing deal (so long as we remember to mail in the rebate info!) We are constantly asking each other for turns on the computer, as we're both pretty addicted to the internet. Over the next few weeks, Adam will be writing his first PAID article for The Escapist, so I'm sure he'll be slaving over a hot computer doing research and such. It's kind of sad, really. Right now Adam's in the den pecking away on the PC while I'm working in the dining room. So much for quality time! The upside to having this thing is that I'll be able to work on it with Kira this summer. It just doesn't work well for my little lefty and I to sit at the PC in the den together. We often look up stuff on the internet (she's mastered "reading" the little weather report pictures to tell me what the forecast is). Anyway, I'm sure it'll be a good thing. (Still trying to justify this one!)
Alright, that's the scatterbrained report for the week. It's late and I haven't had dinner yet!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home