Feeling CRABBY

I've just got too much to do. It's ridiculous. This is summer vacation, after all. BUT, my house is trashed, our back yard looks like the Secret Garden, and the front yard is nothing but a big, steep slope of DIRT. There are just too many To Do's on my To Do list. There isn't one part of our home that is really clean, well maintained, organized, or aesthetically pleasing. I think we need to move out, purge a ton of stuff, then move back in again. It's overwhelming, and it's seriously bumming me out.
I'm still very excited about our trip, but don't feel like my life here is organized enough to leave it behind. We always try to do a thorough cleaning before we go away so that when we come home and the suitcases throw up all over everywhere it doesn't get totally out of control. (And so whoever is feeding Ellie while we're away doesn't think that we're complete and total slobs!) Getting ready has been a challenge, since we have to do so on the sly. I've been up late working on planning & packing, and am making an autograph book for Kira to take with her. Of course, this is assuming that she'll get over her exaggerated fear of characters in costume! This could be interesting....
See? This is what happens when we stay home all day. I'm actually looking forward to taking Lou Lou to swimming lessons this afternoon. I need to just sit and CHILL (and it's actually cool enough today for that!) And then I need to run around like a nut to get a few more errands done. Doing errands in the late afternoon is SURE to make me less crabby, right? (HA!)
UPDATE: Just had an "Aha" moment. Kira's been laying around on the floor, asking for cuddles & acting fussy. (Not her typical 6 year old self!) I took her temp, and she has a low-grade fever. (Looks like we'll be missing swimming lessons today. Bummer.) I've felt kinda crappy (in addition to feeling crabby) all morning and took my temperature too--and I have a fever as well! I forgot that she and I both got immunizations yesterday, which most likely explains why we're feeling low today. Thank goodness. At least there's an explanation. I think we'll watch a movie and be extra lazy for the rest of the day. Then tomorrow we can be super productive....



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home