Saturday, May 10, 2008

Update...


Mama and Papa Robin and their babies are doing great. I've peeked out the window to check on them a little obsessively over these past few days, but have otherwise left them alone. Today I decided to shake things up a bit and take a peek. I had a good excuse though--it's supposed to be pretty warm here this next week, so I got our birdbath out of storage and set it up for them near the nest. Unfortunately, there's a tabby cat hanging out in our back yard and I had to chase it away twice. Not cool. I pulled some weeds too, but just from the raised beds near our garage. Mama seemed attentive but stayed on the nest--that is until I shooed away the neighbor cat for the second time. If I can get our beds all weeded it should certainly make it easier for them to find worms since all of our flower beds have weed blocking fabric in them! I'd sure like to get our garden planted too. Perhaps they'll get used to us if I work out there a little more. After uploading the photos and looking closely at them, we noticed the babies are even getting feathers on their wings already! Kids grow up so fast....


This past week was crazy busy for me, but I survived and now the weekend is here! Adam was off from work (again!) yesterday and I came home at 2:00 for lunch. He offered to pick Kira up from school, and they even did the grocery shopping while I took a 2 1/2 hour nap! They woke me up to kick me off the couch so they could play a little Super Mario Galaxy. I ended up talking them into going out to dinner and we ate at Cup and Saucer. (I love having breakfast for dinner!) When we got home, Kira and I had a bubble blowing contest (best 2 out of 3) with Adam as the judge, and she won! My first bubble has huge, but the last one was a dud. Our cherry trees in our front yard are plastered with pink blossoms. They've been gorgeous for a few weeks now, and are now leafing out and loosing their blossoms. Kira loves to shake the branches and make it "snow".

Today we're laying low for the morning. Adam's feeling under the weather and has gone back to bed. Kira and I had planned to do The Doggie Dash, but I stayed up too late last night ('cause I took a long nap) and my asthma has been bad for the past few days. (Hopefully just allergies.) Kira's on the couch reading yet another Geronimo Stilton book. I'm uploading photos for school, frantically trying to get everything up to date. I'm so bad about maintaining them--there are nearly 14,000 images from the last three years online now, and even more on my computer. (I didn't put up the '04-'05 photos. Not sure why....) Kira has her last soccer game of the spring season this afternoon to which we will be bringing popsicles for the girls to celebrate. We got word that the other team is going to have them, and thought we'd better pony up!

This afternoon we're heading to Salem to spend the night at Adam's parents. We haven't seen them in AGES as they've become quite the jet setters since their nest became empty! We're looking forward to catching up. Adam arranged for them to tend Kira tonight so that he and I can go on a date! Dinner and a movie maybe? It's always fun to go on dates in Salem since that's where we met and"courted". We lived there until we got married and moved to Corvallis. (Man, that seems like so long ago!) I'm hoping to go see Baby Mama, but I bet Adam's going to be pulling for Iron Man or Speed Racer. However, since it's Mother's Day I think I may have a chance at getting my way.

Happy Mother's Day, all you mamas out there. It's such a tough job sometimes, but so very worth it. I love my little girl more than I ever thought imaginable, and am so lucky to be her mama. I hope you get lots of R&R and maybe even a little pampering tomorrow! I'm hoping to hunker down between church and visits to my mom & grandma to read more of The Creative Family. This is a great book by author Amada Soule who has a great blog called Soule Mama. It's giving me so many wonderful ideas for things to do with Kira this summer. I suggest that you buy it for yourself for Mother's Day. You'll be glad you did! Have a great weekend!



PS--Sorry about all the exclamation points!! Apparently, I was feeling rather enthusiastic this morning!!!

1 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Blogger Amber said...

Those have got to be the ugliest things I have ever seen (and I mean that in the nicest way possible). Wow.

I've been thinking about getting that book. Let me know if you think it's worth it!

(Thanks for the info on the recital... it doesn't sound like the date change works well for either of us!!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home