One small step for Mom, one giant leap for momkind
I have been a mother for exactly 2,216 days. That's six years, or 72 months, or 316 weeks, or 53,207 hours. Tonight is my first night away from my girl--ever. It's ridiculous, I know. At first it was because I was nursing, and for years it's been because she's had so many sleep issues. After she had her tonsils & adenoids out, she began to sleep much more soundly. (Her insanely loud snoring stopped!) However, she's continuted to be a night waker until pretty recently. We just didn't want to put anyone through having to deal with helping her get back to sleep in the middle of the night. Tonight she's spending the night at Gramma & Grampa J's, an hour's drive away, and I've been just fine with it. She has too...for the most part....When Adam got off work he and I went to see Pirates of the Caribbean. It was quite the amazing film--though chock full of swashbuckling cheesiness. The movie was so long that we opted to skip our dinner out (plus our poor Henny Penny was waiting at home). All in all, we've had a very nice, relaxing evening. Kira, however, has not. It took them hours to get home from here--Friday evening rush hour traffic was awful.
She had a very rough time actually going to sleep, not surprising considering that she was up WAY past her bedtime for the second night in a row. I can't believe she didn't get to sleep until about 11:45! Yikes. Henry's missing her too--I was looking for him earlier this evening and finally found him upstairs sleeping on K's bed in the dark. What a sweetie! He really loves his girl.Tomorrow could be ugly, but I know she'll have fun with her gramma, grampa & Aunt "Rae Rae". I hope she'll be proud of herself for being such a big kid and having her first sleep-over. We sure are, irregardless of the pre-bedtime meltdown. Sometimes a kid just hits a wall, but thank goodness there are grandmas with bedtime stories to tell, and who remember what it's like to have a little girl who's scared of the dark. Sweet dreams to all tonight!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home