Friday, September 08, 2006

I will survive...

What a week. I'm whooped, but I'm sitting here uploading photos from Kira's first day of school (see cutie pie at left!) and killing time to stay awake. Thank goodness she actually made it to the first day! She was so excited to go that she literally skipped to the front door. Gotta love that! She's such a trooper, and is doing just fine now. She's very happy to be back amongst her peers, especially her kooky friend Katie. That girl is a nut!

Work is overwhelming me big time, but I will survive. It'll all come together. I keep saying to myself, "Next year I'll ______." As in, "Next year I'll have all of my home visits done before Labor Day."...and stuff like that. There's just so much to do to get up and running. I miss having a co-teacher to share the burden at this time of year!

Kira has her first soccer game tomorrow, and I'm going to miss it. I'm so sad about it (as is she) but there's nothing that can be done. The club she belongs too didn't publish the game schedule until Labor Day (that'd be 5 days before the first game), and I have to be at school. I'm going to take her out for breakfast before I go to work to attempt to make up for it. I'll send Adam with the camera, but it's just not the same as being there. Sigh.

In other family news, Kira has yet to name her two goldfish that she got on Monday. We had a lot fun picking them out, and even took them out to dinner with us at one of our favorite neighborhood restaurants! I've been working on school stuff all evening, so Adam has been hard at work killing more zombies, and is up to 5,738! I can hear him mowing them down as I type. Oh yes, I am so proud. Henry is mad at me because he has bad, bad owies on two of his feet (they give me achy shivers), and they're my fault. I let him play off leash in the doggy area while Kira was at soccer practice last night. Although he loved it and didn't complain, the ground was very dry and hard, and he's in bad shape. I feel so awful about it. My poor furry baby.

So part of my survival plan is a serious Sunday afternoon nap. Yep, I'm looking that far ahead to getting some sleep. And on that note...good night! ZZZ...Zzz...zzz...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home