A special day for my two favorite boys
Adam had his first ever, real-deal, paid piece published today! You can read it at The Escapist. The first three paragrahphs were very interesting. After that, well, he kinda lost me. (Just because he gets so technical, as he's a genius gamer know-it-all.) I'll give it another shot when I'm more awake. WAY cool. I'm so proud of my sweetie! Oh, and by the way, for those of you who know us, that last name is Adam's nom de plume. It means, "the fly" in Spanish, which is his tag in the gaming world. (Icky--but we have to protect the innocent!)
My other favorite boy celebrated his 4th birthday today! I'd actually forgotten about Henry's birthday, but Kira remembered first thing when she woke up this morning. She sang, "Happy Birthday" to him again and again, with several "cha cha cha's" added in true kindergartener--oops--I mean first grader style. Henry then proceded to take an 8 hour "nap" while we went to the zoo, back home, and then to swimming lessons. This evening we took him to Pizza Schmizza where he was publicly humiliated (though not too publicly since we were the only ones dining on the patio) while wearing this dorky little birthday crown Kira and I made for him. (Okay, it was mostly me--but it was her idea.) Afterward, we strolled down to Furever Pets to pick out a new toy, some treats to go in it, and a pupcake, complete with icing and sprinkles.
Yum.We came home for the "cake" and then Hen & I headed to the doggy park. He FLEW across the lawn at lightening speed for the first few throws of the tennis ball, but I think I chucked the ball 7 or 8 times before he began limping. He got a small puncture wound on one of his hind feet, and that was that. I'm glad I was lazy and drove him there! He's totally sacked out for the night, hopefully having happy little doggy dreams.
Some folks (you know who you are) may think we're a little nutty about our dog--and well, they're right. We never knew we could love this boy so much. He truly is a part of our family (and Miss Ellie too). When we're all together, life is good. If we were REALLY nuts, we'd go here to get him an actual doggy birthday cake. Maybe next year....



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home