File this one under, "Acts of Stupidity"
When Adam and I were avid Quicken users for our household budgeting, we created a category called, "Acts of Stupidity". It was there to track dumb stuff like parking tickets, library fines (ahem) and other various expenses that could otherwise (and should have been) avoided. I'd be filing today's 3 figure plumbing bill under that one. Seriously, it was all I could do to maintain my composure after the initial attempt to "snake" the line was unsuccessful, meaning the very nice plumber man needed to bring on the big guns--and I don't mean a giant bottle of Draino. Even worse may have been the kind, but fatherly advice about how to properly use my garbage disposal to avoid this sort of situation in the future. Ugh. I actually broke down and cried after Plumber Jim left today. Kira found me in the den, quietly sobbing, and then she cried too which just made me feel worse. (What's that old saying? Misery loves company? That's a total lie!) At least Jim fixed our toilet for free after his keen plumber ears determined that something was amiss--though I have no idea what it was. I guess I'm gonna have to trust him on that one.Some days just suck. I just have to remind myself that IT COULD ALWAYS BE WORSE! I'm documenting this here because I know I need to keep things in perspective, and not think of the money I spent today as X number of hours at work, or the hotel AND rental car for our upcoming trip, or the two pieces of furniture I was planning to buy on my next trip to Ikea. Mine is not a charmed life, but it could certainly be worse. Tomorrow is another day, and thankfully I have lunch with my mom to look forward to! So, I hereby promise to try to stop beating myself up over this. Okay. 'Nuf said.
Side note: Kira is TOTALLY psyched about being Lily Quench for Halloween! I'm so excited, and have already found a couple of accessories for her costume online. Now if I can figure out how to sew a chain mail like shirt...hmm....



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home