Thursday, August 10, 2006

Summer Evening Wonderings

A while ago I read an article in the July issue of CK about documenting the innerworkings of your brain. (What's on Becky's Mind?) There was a fun layout by a college student with little random thoughts documented from a single day. A little "deep" for my scrapbooks, but perhaps not for my blog. Henry and I just got back from our standard two mile loop to the park and back. Here is what's on my mind tonight (not that anyone cares!)

-I feel guilty leaving Henry home all day. I need to take him to the doggy park more. Maybe we should get one of THESE for him? Wouldn't he love to have a sister?


- Why do some people ride their bikes on the sidewalk while others walk in the street in this neighborhood? Sometimes folks aren't so bright.

- My urban dog thinks he's way cool for getting within 10 feet of an apparently stupid squirrel before it bolted up the nearest tree--after I suggested that it might want to do so. (It was drinking from a tiny puddle. C-U-T-E.)

-What the heck is up with crazy Tai Chi guy in the park? Did he have too many Red Bulls today or something? (Imagine Tai Chi in fast forward. Seriously. Kids were staring at him.)

-I am always bewildered when people act afraid of Henry. I mean really--he's a whippet for crying out loud!


-It was too bad there weren't any doggies for Henry to play with at the park, but kind of a relief too. I really just want to get home before dark. (Noted that it's getting dark earlier. Sigh.)

-Passed a lady walking slow and looking sad. I wondered why. I hope she's okay. Sometimes a good walk can put things in perspective.

-
I miss green lawns. This part of summer where the grass is yellow-white and crispy is depressing.

-My Keen sandals aren't very springy for walking on pavement. I shoulda snuck upstairs and grabbed my runnning shoes. Darn flat feet.

-I LOVE my iPod. Listed to That Dog. Great walking music. Really kept me moving.

-I did four home visits today while Kira was at daycamp, but I have so many more to do. Feeling overwhelmed. I need to remind myself that there is still a whole month before school starts. I have time. The new families I've met are GREAT. The kids who have been on the shy side at the park dates are totally different animals in their natural habitat--talking a blue streak and bouncing off the furniture. I'm taking that as a good sign!

-I have been spending too much time thinking (stressing) about work. It's still summer. Work on compartmentalizing and CHILL OUT. It'll be September before I know it. Plan to delegate some stuff, and call on folks for help. It'll all come together. It always does. (My classroom is currently in serious disarray, awaiting floor cleaning and NEW CABINETS that I am over-the-moon excited about!)

-I've GOT to upload photos tonight. I desperately need to order prints. I also really need to make our Utah related reservations. I get so sick of sitting at the computer. (Duh--what am I doing right now?)

-Dreading traveling over a holiday weekend. Excited to stay with Rachel & Jeff on the way there and back though. It'll be nice to see where they're living. Maybe we'll be able to take Kira to see Jeff's fire station. I think we're all going to go to the Dinosaur Park in Ogden. Maybe Kira will forget about pirates and fairies for a bit and get into dinosaurs?

-I miss pushing a stroller on walks.

-I wonder what Adam's doing at home? Kira sure had a tough time settling down tonight. I bet he's killing zombies....

Got home. Adam is indeed killing zombies at the mall. His new game is a trip. I just wish he could get the blubbering survivors in the security office to hush up!

I came across THIS ONE while searching for this screen shot.
I wonder if he'll be bringing it home anytime soon? (ha ha) Hmm...his birthday is coming right up....I must go shopping tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home