Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What'd ya do today?

Me? Well, I stressed out Mama & Papa Robin by peeking at their babies, of course. I have been showing some restraint, and have only peeked every two or three days, and only when they're already away from the nest. This evening my neighbor was gardening in her back yard, and I swear Mama was making herself hoarse chirping her head off at her. Anyway, the babies are getting cuter, I think. I love how they're all lined up, and settling in for the night. Boy, they're growing so fast. (Are you getting sick of nest shots yet?)

Let's see...today I also took 14 preschoolers to the top of a VOLCANO! (Okay, so it's extinct.) Here you can see them getting ready to hug a huge Douglas Fir. Yep, that's what we teach at my school--tree huggin'! The weather was so weird today--cold, but humid. We're gearing up for a spring heat wave of 90+ degree weather (even though it was snowing this time last month!) We could really feel the change coming today. I'm not looking forward to the next few days with no air conditioning. (We can't get it going on account of the bird babies.) Ah, sigh.

Today I took myself out for lunch at Pizzicato, and had a slice of my favorite, Puttanesca. I needed to have a staff meeting with myself and plan out all the details of the last days of school. (Sometimes solo teaching is so lame!) I called Clowns Unlimited and reserved a big honkin' bouncy house for the Pre-K kid's graduation next week. (We'll never have a clown--I hate clowns.) I can't believe how fast this school year has gone. I'm not ready to let them go, but I am ready for a break. I'm so glad I get to hang onto my preschoolers for another year. It makes the transition a little easier.

After I picked Kira up from her drama class this afternoon, we hit Collage to seek inspiration for Rachel & Jeff's baby announcements. It's looking like their wee one is going to arrive sooner than later, which could make my visit next week very interesting! Poor Rachel is now on full-time bed rest due to her pre- preeclampsia. We talked for a long time on the phone last night, and she is such a good sport about all of this. I'm so proud of her for being such a champ. It's been really incredible for me to watch my little sisters-in-law grow up, get married, and become mamas. Adam's youngest sister Annie was just five when he and I met! Crazy....

Alright, that's about all that was notable from today. I really just needed an excuse to post another birdie photo. Hope all is well with you and yours.

PS--Just for the record, I think that Matt Grant from The Bachelor is a big dumb dummy. I can't believe he chose soap opera star Shayne. (She really needs to figure out her bangs!) Didn't he notice how orange and plastic her mother was??? And all those animal prints--yikes. He totally should have picked Noelle. I'm looking forward to seeing how things turn out for DeAnna. She's a doll. Oh, and if someone makes a DeAnna version, I'm totally going to play the Tally Game next season.

1 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Blogger Annie. said...

I love the picture of all your kids standing around the Douglas Fir. It's so cute. :)

We're keeping our fingers crossed (and our heads bowed!) for Rachel right now. I hope that this little kiddo can be all taken care of and Rachel can be well.

I can't believe I was only 5 either! Remember how I didn't know what "engaged" was? Haha. Amy, I am so glad you are part of our family. I love you so much. What would we do without you!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home