TGIF!
Ahh...it's Friday. What a week! Kira had her first full week of school, I had four first days of school with my preschoolers, and Adam spent three days at Timberline Lodge for his work's annual retreat. Thankfully, we all survived and are relaxing at home this afternoon. Adam's snoozing (okay, snoring) on the couch--he thinks he has altitude illness--I suspect he just had a little too much fun on his trip! Kira's playing with her Playmobil's while listening to a Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle story tape. We love Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle, but we had to banish her for a while because Kira was learning all kinds of new obnoxious behaviors from the stories! When I asked her how she can play and listen at the same time, she explained to me that she uses one half of her brain to listen to the story, and the other half of her brain to pretend and play with her Playmobils. Way to multi-task Kira! Henry is wandering around, moving from the couch, to his pillow, to the sunbeam on the carpet. I swear, he washes his paw like a cat. As for me, I'm trying to stay awake with my tappity tappity typing here. We've got a lot going on this weekend (a Primary activity, a soccer game, a haircut (it's about time!), a BBQ, 8 episodes of Lost to watch, and maybe even a whippet race meet...) It's suddenly FREEZING and has been raining off and on. Just last Monday we were wearing shorts! Brrr....For all intents and purposes, fall is here. The calendar may not say so, and the leaves haven't even started changing yet. It's good to be back at school. My littles and biggin's are so sweet (for the most part), and the days go by quickly, but I sure do miss my Kira Lou and our carefree summertime lifestyle. The other day after school I was telling her just how much I missed her, and I asked her if she missed me. She said, "I'm too busy having fun to miss you." Sniff. : (
In other news:-Kira lost yet ANOTHER tooth last Sunday. Now she's a super- toothless wonder! She now has three teeth hoarded away, just waiting to cash into the Tooth Fairy. She really wants an American Girl doll. Too bad she doesn't understand that one would cost her pretty much every tooth in her little mouth!
-Adam won the "Employee of the Year" award for his district at Annual Training. He got a fancy little plaque, and $500 bucks! Woohoo! Yay Adam! I'm so proud of my sweetie, though I must confess, I was a bit surprised. He doesn't exactly live and breath for his job, but he's a hard worker and apparently easy to get along with. ; )
-Sadly, we just learned that Adam's Uncle Reed who is a dairy farmer in Utah was buried under three 900 POUND hay bales last Monday. Amazingly, he is okay, having only injured his shoulder and knee. He is an incredibly hard worker, and has continued to work this past week harvesting corn, although he can't do the milking. Wow--the life of a farmer! We're so thankful he's alive. Like I said, what a week.
Although we're busy, for the most part life is suddenly seeming quite structured and routine. This weather makes me want to snuggle up inside and be crafty. I haven't scrapbooked in AGES. Seriously. I have SO many things on my "want to do" list. I haven't sat down and played a video game all summer (except for Animal Crossing on the DS on our Utah trip.) I have a stack of books and magazines to read through. I just bought a new CD last night that I want to get on my iPod (Crowded House: Recurring Dream. I've been waxing nostalgic for '80's music lately.) Maybe I'll even work on Kira's Lily Quench costume. Oh yeah, and there's my lesson plan for next week. There's sure to be some serious XBOX playing this weekend--we just got Lego StarWars II from Gamerang! Maybe that'll buy me some quality craft time.... Hooray for fall and my false sense of time to do fun things!



1 Comments:
Lego Star Wars II joined our family yesterday and, wow, we're all pretty ecited about it! Glad to hear your school year is happily off and running. Max is doing well, but misses you for sure.
xoxo
Post a Comment
<< Home