Take the kitty cats bowling, take them bowling
Life is insane, and in a poopy sort of way. What really stinks is that there has been little time for anything FUN, and I have been feeling seriously blue this week. I'm battling my domestic demons once again, trying to find the balance between work and home. Trying to be a good mom...to at least STAY AWAKE when we get home from school. So busy. Soccer. Ballet. Meetings. It seems like we're only home to sleep and do the occasional load of laundry. I can't remember the last time I actually cooked a real meal. This is nuts. Something's got to give, right? I keep making mental lists of all the things that are not right in my world, and that's just not right. I don't know whether it's hormones, the full moon, or the change in the weather, but I'm in a funk, and funks aren't fun.
In an effort to be authentically present at home in the late afternoon/early evening, I've been cutting back on my internet time. When I sat down tonight I found 111 NEW messages in my email inbox. Holy crap. See? I can't keep up. Lot's of it is junk mail, some work stuff, and kooky stuff my mom forwards to me. I really should set up a special email acct just for her stuff! Anyway, I have to admit, I have very much enjoyed several games of HALLOWEEN CAT BOWLING this evening. (My highest score was 137--better than in actual bowling!) I'll have to show this to Kira tomorrow.
So, no pictures to post, as my freakin' camera is broken. I'm going to try to take it in on Saturday, and seriously hope they'll help me out. I just got it for Mother's Day, and wouldn't you know, Adam recycled all of the packaging just last week. Grr...and he wonders why I never throw anything away!
Tomorrow is Friday. Kira has a party in the evening, so Adam and I are going out on a date. As for tonight, there is TV to watch, recording as I type so that I can watch it commercial free! This is, assuming I can coerce Adam to stop playing XBox. Hmm....
Until next time, poopy poop poop.
PS--As I edited this post, a pile of stuff slipped off my desk and fell to the floor. It's time to make a pilgrimage to Ikea for my new shelf (the 4 x 4 one in birch) so I can reorganize my scrapbooking stuff! I can't even want to work in this space for fear that a pile of stuff might land on ME.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home