I Heart Democracy!
I'm not real big into politics, but as I get older I'm getting more tuned in. (Thank you Daily Show for making politics entertaining!) I am delighted that the Democrats in my home state of Oregon have taken control of both the House and Senate (for the first time since 1988!) and we've re-elected Governor Ted Kulongoski.Democrats have taken over control of the US House, but the Senate is still up in the air. I can't wait to see how the senate races will play out in Virginia, Montana and Missouri. Looks like there will be at least two recounts.... Hopefully we'll hear good news tomorrow.
The AP reported: "From sea to shining sea, the American people voted for change," declared Rep. Nancy Pelosi, the hard-charging California Democrat in line to become the nation's first female House speaker. "Today we have made history," she said, "now let us make progress."
I'm excited! It's been a good night.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home