Happy Monday
To be honest, I really don't like Mondays. (Who does, right?) But right now, this afternoon, all is well. Kira and I have a new afternoon ritual that started when we had a little cold snap last week (it actually snowed!) We pretty much always come home after I pick her up from school and just chill for a while. Lately, we've been coming home and firing up our "Cocomotion" (lame name, I know), but I'm telling you--this thing makes PERFECT hot chocolate every time. Best of all, I can drink it out of my favorite giant mug, and Kira can't tell how much whipped cream I have. ; ) With cocoa in hand, we have our quiet time--Kira drawing and listening to an audio book, and me checking email (and often eBay auctions). Winter is wonderful--for today, anyway.We don't have the house decorated yet, and we won't be getting our tree 'til Friday, but it's definitely starting to feel like Christmas. I love Christmas. I didn't so much growing up (mostly because of my discombobulated family and being pulled in too many directions) but now that I'm an adult, I think I get it. I've been doing a bit of shopping here and there, and am feeling like that part of the holiday madness is fairly under control. I'm very excited to give Kira her presents--I think she's REALLY going to like them! I guess there are some perks to being a spoiled only child. What gets to me--what stresses me out--are the PROJECTS. I'm working on 32 handmade ornaments that are turning out to be a bit tedious. I have other projects as well, but of course, I can't blab here or someone might find out something he or she shouldn't! Enough....
This weekend was pretty unproductive. Adam was gone Friday night, the first half of the day Saturday, and most of the day Sunday. When he was home, there was entirely TOO MUCH gaming going on here! I finally got to try out the Wii, and I have to say, it's pretty fun! Weird--not a passive experience, which in some ways is kind of annoying. Adam and I played Wii Sports, and I creamed him at everything we played! (I think he may have let me win a bit so that I'll want to play with him again. ETA--He swears he didn't!) However, I seriously pulled a muscle in my shoulder when we were boxing--which, by-the-way, is the way I think we should settle all future disagreements--ha ha. My shoulder's been killing me for two days. How sad is that? Last night, I sat down to play Viva Pinata, and I honestly have no idea how long I played. Hours. I had started a garden under Adam's XBox Live account, but we found out that all our chocolate coins went into the same pot that way, so I had to start over. That game is seriously addicting! I am in love with my adorable squazills.Oh dear, looks like happy quiet time is over. Cranky, hungry, tired time has begun. Alas....



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home