It's too quiet here at home. Adam's at work, Kira's at school, and

both Henry & Ellie are napping. I'm feeling lonely without my little family, but I finally managed to get a bit of sleep today. I've been having so much trouble sleeping since my surgery last Thursday, with my longest stretch being four hours. I got a prescription for Ambien, but am afraid to take it. Not only are the potential side effects terrifying, but if I actually
did sleep for 7-8 hours, I'd be in a world of hurt when I finally woke up. I'm still on Vicodin, and none too happy about it. I don't enjoy the
foggy stupor it puts me in--during which I nod off while holding a glass of water for example, or while using the "facilities". Adam laughed heartily after I'd spent 20 minutes the other night looking for my glasses so I could watch TV--
and I was already WEARING them. Sigh. I've cut
way down and am hoping to be off of it by Wednesday so I can drive. This whole recovery bit is just not fun.
In other medical malady news, I had an allergic reaction to the first antibiotic

they put me on (Keflex) It made me itchy and hence, sleepless. The ENT advice nurse suggested I take some Benadryl (both for the itching and sleeplessness) but that didn't work out so well. I forgot that Benadryl has the opposite effect on me, and made me totally agitated. I switched to a new one, but it's making me nauseous. Grr. Oh man, this is going to be a l-o-n-g week! I can't wait until Friday when I go in for my post-op appt. and get the splints out of my nose. The stitches are bugging me too. It's weird having "stuff" in your nose, and not being able to blow it out. Also, I look like a total dork with my "mustache" dressing! I've posted a photo--luckily my sense of humor seems to be recovering. Don't I look suave and debonair (
and loaded, swollen, and a little crazy?) I also really miss my senses of smell and taste which are pretty much nonexistent. As far as food goes, it's all about texture and "swallowability" right now. That's where the Otter Pops come in...lots and lots of them! Anyway, I'm still here, but am doing the hermit thing. Sorry for all the whining! I just need to nap my way through a few more days....

Kira Lou had a very busy weekend. She and Adam were planning to go to the Grand Floral Parade on Saturday, but opted to stay home with me and watch it on TV. : ) (The weather was kind of iffy, and we got soaked last year.) She spent the afternoon and evening going to a friend's ballet recital (with two other friends) and out to dinner. I think it was really good for her to get out of the house, but I've missed her! Sunday she and Adam went to Church and then came home to pick me up. (My first little outing!) We headed to the airport to pick up Adam's mom (who had just come home from Boise) and then we all attended Kira's very first piano recital. Kira was very nervous about it, and insisted in getting all dressed up for the occasion. Her friend Avery takes lessons from the same teacher, and I think it was fun for them to see each other perform. They were so cute, and did a great job. I'm so glad I didn't miss it.
After the recital, Kira was supposed to attend the birthday party of her oldest friend, Samantha, but I was just not feeling up to it. Adam's dad met up with us, and we all headed back to our place for a late lunch.

Afterward, I worked on Rachel & Jeff's birth announcements and Kira and her grandparents worked on turning one of her dresser drawers into an animal hospital! I'm not sure who had more fun, but there was a great deal of creativity displayed by all involved! Can you believe my father-in-law made her a toilet out of card stock? What an artist! It was so wonderful for her to get some quality time with them. We've hardly seen them these past months with all their travels, and Adam's dad will be heading to Europe here in a week or so. I'm hoping that summer break will afford us lots of opportunities to spend time with family.
Well, I've been up since 5:30, and Kira got up at 6:00. I hope this isn't a pattern that will continue into our summer vacation! Tomorrow is "Move Up Day" at Kira's school, and I think I may be more anxious about it than she is! It's hard to believe there's just one day of school left for my girl. Dang, I'd better start feeling better quick! Alright, now back to the couch....
PS--I think I know
what Adam's getting for his birthday. Dang! I knew this was coming, but I'm surprised it's going to be available so soon. I want one too!
PPS--I am so looking forward to improved mental clarity. It took me three attempts to write this post!
1 Comments:
You've got to get off the drugs! ;) I'm sorry you have to have such a crappy start to your summer... hopefully it will be all worth it in the end.
Look at those cute girls! My picture with Mary didn't turn out as well so I'm going to steal yours, if you don't mind.
Post a Comment
<< Home