Check out the New Cuteness!
I know, two posts in one day, but...
She did it! She totally went for it and got it chopped off. Wow, it's much shorter, but we think she looks pretty darn cute. The initial lopping off of the pony tail wasn't so bad. Actually, I missed it...the stylist at Little Clippers was chatting away and I wasn't prepared! Then she just kept trimming and cutting and layering and pretty soon the floor was covered with hair and this little girl sitting in front of me was barely recognizable! She hadn't had her hair cut (except for bangs--but I do those) since last September before school started. She had a lot of hair, and I think she's already feeling how liberating it is to be free of it. I'm very proud of her for her willingness to donate her hair. She's not such a little little girl anymore!
After swimming, I gave her the Curly Girl treatment and put some product in it. (I love Deva Curl!) It's pretty wavy, and I bet it'll curl up even more after we stop washing it 1-2 times daily. It sure looks darker now that all the old, sun faded hair is gone.
In totally unrelated news, I just have to say that if you have gamers in your family, you have to check out the Spore Creature Creator! Adam downloaded this for us, then shelled out the ten bucks for all the bells and whistles. Unfortunately the actual game doesn't launch until September 7th, but it's going to be awesome! Our whole family has had a BLAST making our very own creatures. Check 'em out:

This is my first creature. Her name is Matilda.

Kira made this one. Her name is Daisy. She's part cantaloupe.

Adam made this fiery fiend, Cinder.
It's supposed to be a sort of Chinese dragon.
People all over the world have created more than a million creatures already. I must warn you, making creatures is completely addictive. You don't ever have to own or play the game to make creatures, but if you do wind up buying the game when it comes out, you'll be able to put your creatures in it! And they have babies! And they're super cute! Okay, okay, I'll calm down now.
Alright, two posts in a day...I'm pretty sure that's a record for me. Since there's nothing on television these days (except The Bachelorette, of course) we've been making good use of our Netflix. Tonight I'll be vegging out and watching P.S. I Love You. I think it's safe to bet that Adam will not be watching (even though Hillary Swank is totally cute). Tomorrow: outside all day with friends. That's the plan, except for quick trips to buy dog food, toilet paper, and a padded envelope to mail away the hair. Ciao, for now.
Alright, two posts in a day...I'm pretty sure that's a record for me. Since there's nothing on television these days (except The Bachelorette, of course) we've been making good use of our Netflix. Tonight I'll be vegging out and watching P.S. I Love You. I think it's safe to bet that Adam will not be watching (even though Hillary Swank is totally cute). Tomorrow: outside all day with friends. That's the plan, except for quick trips to buy dog food, toilet paper, and a padded envelope to mail away the hair. Ciao, for now.



2 Comments:
I can't believe how different Kira looks with that snazzy new haircut! I think it actually makes her look younger (don't tell her I said that). Very cute.
Are you free for brunch any morning during soccer camp? I might even be able to ditch the baby with enough notice. :)
What a CUTE haircut! I really, really love it! I think it looks absolutely adorable. Good for her for taking the plunge to donate it!
Oh, and NOW I can see what the creatures look like! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home