Thursday, December 28, 2006

Winter Break

Wow. The last couple of weeks have flown by. Hope everyone had a merry little Christmas. Ours was lovely, except for Kira's initial 4:30 am wake-up attempt on Christmas morning. (I got her back to sleep, she woke again at 6:30, but managed to hold her back until 6:45 before she woke up everyone in the house.) In some ways, I think she enjoyed being the only kid on Christmas morning. We (and Santa) tend to overindulge our only child a bit, but it's so fun!

Her favorite gift by far (as I suspected) is her new doll Lily. I really expected that she'd kind of freak out when she opened her, but surprisingly enough, she didn't. However, within hours and over the last few days Kira has fallen totally in love with her doll. In fact, she hasn't even checked out all of her other gifts yet! She's upstairs playing with Lily right now. Here's the scene:

I spent a chunk o' time this morning sewing Lily those cute, pink lamby pajama bottoms. (The shirt is still in the works.) Kira has spent TONS of time styling her hair, changing her clothes, dancing with her, and sleeping with her. They're best friends for sure. So happy that she's happy.

Sadly, this winter vacation hasn't been all warm and fuzzy. I screwed up my neck big time last week ( I woke up unable to lift my head on Tuesday morning.) I survived via plenty of Flexeril and Advil, heat packs and massage. On Christmas, I allowed my brother Darby to perform some amateur chiropractic work. (YIKES!) I was bruised and sore the next day, but now have almost full range of motion again. Thanks Darbs! I got a referral to a real chiropractor from my primary care provider, but with the holiday and all, I've yet to her from them. Love Kaiser. Oh yeah.

Sadly, we have some unfortunate news to share. One of Kira's fishies died yesterday. Kira and I were eating breakfast when we discovered her absence. (We keep the fish bowl on the dining room table for company when dining alone.) Kira immediately accused our cat, Ellie, who was later proven innocent upon my discovery of the fishy inside the castle. Weird. Anyway, here's her obituary, for the record:

The name of the deceased was Daisy. She was a member of our family for only 3 1/2 months. In addition to her owner, she is survived by her bowl mate, Jasper. She is interred in our freezer until services can be held (during daylight hours since Adam never gets home from work before dark) on Saturday. Location TBA, but not in our yard--that idea freaks Kira out (as did my "burial at sea" idea). Cause of death...well, that's being withheld to protect someone from finding out that throwing a bunch of food in the bowl after being away for two days was not such a good idea. May Daisy rest in peace. She is missed.

Okay, time to quick dorkin' around and get out of the house. I think we'll head to the fabric store to buy some Velcro for the dolly jammies....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home