Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Yes, it's late. Yes, I should be in bed. Yes, I do in fact have to get up early and go back to work tomorrow, but I'm in denial about the whole thing. I have really needed this down time with my girl. I'm going to miss her a ton when she's back at school. I'm so jealous that Adam has the day off tomorrow! As a fed employee, he gets the day off due to the national day of mourning for former President Ford. Good grief, I say. (Aren't I punny?)

We rang in the new year at home in our jammies, celebrating on East Coast time with K-Lou for the first time. She thought it was great--especially the staying up past her bedtime and eating a special dessert part. She didn't really get the whole kissing at midnight (we kissed her, and she kissed the dog), and had lots of questions about the ball drop. It is all kind of weird, really. I can't believe those lunatics in NYC stand outside in the freezing cold for half a day for that. Nuts!

I'm happy to report that I've got the scrapbooking bug again...just in time for school to start back up so I will have to work to find time to get anything done. Anyway, I'm planning to take an online class from BPS starting in February. I emailed the instructor with some questions this morning, and she got back to me right away and now I'm psyched!

In other news, last week I picked up a big ol' batch of photos from our Disneyland trip. I'm whipping up a hybrid photo album/scrapbook, but still need to order more prints. (We took about 1000!) I'll post some pics when I get it put together...maybe in the next couple of weeks? I have CPR/First Aid training this next Saturday, so maybe I'll get back to it Sunday morning....

Speaking of Sunday, I have a new Primary class to teach with five actual children in it! (I was down to just one for the last few months of '06, so I haven't been teaching.) Lucky me, I'll be Kira's teacher. I'm really looking forward to it. The other kids in her class are sweetie pies, so I think we're going to have a lot of fun!

Okay, time to hit the hay. Happy 2007!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home